This question has been flagged

I am new to OpenERP. I just installed Warehouse Management(Stock) module and tried to create a new Incoming Shipments record. But when I clicked Create button, I got the following error in popup.

OpenERP Server Error Client Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP7.0\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\http.py", line 204, in dispatch File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP7.0\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\controllers\main.py", line 1128, in call_kw File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP7.0\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\controllers\main.py", line 1120, in _call_kw File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP7.0\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\session.py", line 42, in proxy File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP7.0\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\session.py", line 30, in proxy_method File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP7.0\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\session.py", line 103, in send

Server Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP7.0\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\session.py", line 89, in send File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP7.0\Server\server.\openerp\netsvc.py", line 292, in dispatch_rpc File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP7.0\Server\server.\openerp\service\web_services.py", line 626, in dispatch File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP7.0\Server\server.\openerp\osv\osv.py", line 188, in execute_kw File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP7.0\Server\server.\openerp\osv\osv.py", line 131, in wrapper File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP7.0\Server\server.\openerp\osv\osv.py", line 197, in execute File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP7.0\Server\server.\openerp\osv\osv.py", line 185, in execute_cr File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP7.0\Server\server\openerp\addons\stock\stock.py", line 3053, in default_get NameError: global name 'in_defaults' is not defined

So, I looked at the line 3053 of stock.py and found the following statement.

defaults.update(in_defaults)

If I commented it out, the error gone away.

I would like to know:

1. Is it safe (should do) to do so?
  2. If it is safe, according to license, can I do changes the module?
Discard

I don't know how you get that line. I checked in my stock module and I didn't find that line. I am not getting any error while installing stock(Warehouse) module. Can you specify from where you got this addons?

Author

Hello @Acespritch. Thank you for your comment.

I installed the module, Warehouse Management, from the Settings > Modules >> Apps sections in OpenERP admin.

I just tested on online demo (trial) also and got the same error when I tried to create new "Incoming Shipments" (Warehouse > Receive/Deliver By Orders >> Incoming Shipments >>> Create)

It says:

File "/home/odoo/src/addons/saas-2/stock/stock.py", line 3044, in default_get defaults.update(in_defaults) NameError: global name 'in_defaults' is not defined

I have tested it in the free online trial of OpenERP and the error occurs on clicking the create button of Incoming Shipments. But in my local it works fine.

Author

Thank @Gopakumar N G for your comment.

If it was not difficult, could you send the stock addon archive you have to me. My email address is heinwintsoe@gmail.com.

And one more question is that did you tried with the latest addon?

Author

The problem is being in the online version module. I installed stock module from online from the OpenERP's Apps box. I replaced it with the one (7.0 manually) downloaded manually. The code is different between those versions. Now, the problem was solved.

@Gopakumar, your addon also does not have the problem but I think it is not the latest. Thank you again for sending the addon to my email.

Thank you guys, @Acespritch and @Gopakumar, for your help.

That's nice!!! You can test latest functionality of OpenERP from http://runbot.openerp.com/

@heinwintsoe: The problem is now fixed in the free online trial of OpenERP.

Author

Thank you @Gopakumar for your update information.