Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Error occurred while validating the field(s) account_id: You cannot create journal items on an account of type view.

By
Ιωάννης Κανέλλος
on 11/14/13, 9:24 AM 1,595 views

I'm new comer and try to work with a temporary database. I have created a company and try to create a new supplier invoice. When I'm done with data entries, try to validate the invoice and receive the following error message: "Error occurred while validating the field(s) account_id: You cannot create journal items on an account of type view." But the specific account is not type view but type payable! Please advise corrective action.

Are you using a purchase journal?

Jaakko Komulainen
on 11/14/13, 9:39 AM

Yes I'm using a purchase journal

Ιωάννης Κανέλλος
on 11/14/13, 9:44 AM

Maybe I need to read a bit longer regarding use of Journals. Thank's for your time!

Ιωάννης Κανέλλος
on 11/14/13, 9:47 AM

Gopakumar N G

--Gopakumar N G--
| 5 3 7
Cochin, India
--Gopakumar N G--

Senior Software Engineer at BroadTech IT Solutions Pvt. Ltd.

Gopakumar N G
On 11/15/13, 6:11 AM

The account you have selected is of type "view", you cannot use a view account. Select a different acoount which is not of type view.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/14/13, 9:24 AM
Seen: 1595 times
Last updated: 8/21/15, 11:36 AM