Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Error "No currency rate associated for currency 177 for the given period "

By
Nankumba Joanna
on 3/25/14, 9:21 AM 4,167 views

Trying to configure sales module in openerp. i have created a demo quotation and sale order but iwhen generating an invoice from the sales order iget this error No currency rate associated for currency 177 for the given period.

How do i set up my currency correctly? Is it possible to edit my default currency?

Hello,

You need to make sure you have a currency rate that is older or on the first day of the invoice accounting period. You can test it by setting a currency rate in a past year.

Best, 

Kingsley
On 10/12/15, 5:28 PM

I have encountered this error. The solution is to make sure you have at least two entries for the currency rate on the currencies configuration (Accounting->Miscellenous->Currencies) for the base currency and the counterpart currency.  The currency rates must be set with a date that is, on or before the order date. That is just the solution. I had to debug it on my development environment to figure out why the system raises that constriant error, depite having entered a single currency rate. Thanks. Please vote my answer if it solves your problem.

Koffi KPONOUGLO

--Koffi KPONOUGLO--
| 5 2 6
Lomé, Togo
--Koffi KPONOUGLO--

Koffi KPONOUGLO

Koffi KPONOUGLO
On 3/25/14, 10:12 AM

Hi,

Go to Accounting -> Setting -> Millestore -> Currency . Select your company's currency and in his form view , define one line about rate.

Good Work

shashank verma
On 7/3/14, 3:36 AM

Add period (date)in curreny against which your are creating your invoice.

Example:
1. Your invoice number SAJ/0001 , invoice date: 12/12/2013
2. Go to currency configuaration and add period of year 2013
3. That it!!!

Claudiu
On 5/26/14, 4:04 PM

Hi, Is there a way to get over the currency error ? I am getting the error when trying to post a invoice for past period. I do not have *Accounting -> Setting -> Millestore -> Currency* menu path added. Highly appreciate any support on this. Thank you and kind regards, Claudiu

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/25/14, 9:21 AM
Seen: 4167 times
Last updated: 1/13/16, 10:45 AM