Odoo Help

Error "No currency rate associated for currency 177 for the given period "

By
Nankumba Joanna
on 3/25/14, 9:21 AM 4,609 views

Trying to configure sales module in openerp. i have created a demo quotation and sale order but iwhen generating an invoice from the sales order iget this error No currency rate associated for currency 177 for the given period.

How do i set up my currency correctly? Is it possible to edit my default currency?

Hello,

You need to make sure you have a currency rate that is older or on the first day of the invoice accounting period. You can test it by setting a currency rate in a past year.

Best, 

Kingsley
On 10/12/15, 5:28 PM

I have encountered this error. The solution is to make sure you have at least two entries for the currency rate on the currencies configuration (Accounting->Miscellenous->Currencies) for the base currency and the counterpart currency.  The currency rates must be set with a date that is, on or before the order date. That is just the solution. I had to debug it on my development environment to figure out why the system raises that constriant error, depite having entered a single currency rate. Thanks. Please vote my answer if it solves your problem.

Koffi KPONOUGLO

--Koffi KPONOUGLO--
| 5 2 7
Lomé, Togo
--Koffi KPONOUGLO--

Koffi KPONOUGLO

Koffi KPONOUGLO
On 3/25/14, 10:12 AM

Hi,

Go to Accounting -> Setting -> Millestore -> Currency . Select your company's currency and in his form view , define one line about rate.

Good Work

shashank verma
On 7/3/14, 3:36 AM

Add period (date)in curreny against which your are creating your invoice.

Example:
1. Your invoice number SAJ/0001 , invoice date: 12/12/2013
2. Go to currency configuaration and add period of year 2013
3. That it!!!

Claudiu
On 5/26/14, 4:04 PM

Hi, Is there a way to get over the currency error ? I am getting the error when trying to post a invoice for past period. I do not have *Accounting -> Setting -> Millestore -> Currency* menu path added. Highly appreciate any support on this. Thank you and kind regards, Claudiu

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/25/14, 9:21 AM
Seen: 4609 times
Last updated: 1/13/16, 10:45 AM