Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Error Message with webkit reports

By
Nagah
on 11/13/13, 4:16 AM 3,015 views

I'm getting the below message whicle processing any report by webkit

coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, bool found

(<type 'exceptions.typeerror'="">, TypeError('coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, bool found',), <traceback object="" at="" 0x08527f08="">)

This issue raised because you had created object using. self.pool.get('object.object') (your model name) which is still not installed in your current DB. check the dependency of your module. I faced this issue in initial stage. so. when you try to create object if that model will not found it will return False. instead of buffer. thats why this error raise. Hope this will help

Anil R. Kesariya
on 11/13/13, 6:53 AM
Jaakko Komulainen
On 11/13/13, 4:38 AM

It's likely that you have some parameter/field set to zero or null which is interpreted as false which leads to this error. Need more info than this error to find out that which parameter/field it is.

Hope this helps.

how to find this, I'm using windows server

Nagah
on 11/13/13, 4:50 AM

Which modules are you using? Have you set webkit_path in Settings -> Customization -> Parameters -> System Parameters?https://www.openerp.com/apps/report_webkit/

Jaakko Komulainen
on 11/13/13, 5:37 AM

That's resolved my problem, many thanks for your contribution

Nagah
on 11/13/13, 7:22 AM

I'm having the same problem under Vista 64 bit. I set the webkit_path at system parameters to E:\ERP\webkit\wkhtmltopdf

I also tried

E:\ERP\webkit\wkhtmltopdf\wkhtmltopdf.exe

I doesnt look like it needes quotation marks, does it? What am i doing wrong?

Willem de Vlam
on 12/4/13, 2:42 PM
ESTC
On 12/21/14, 10:35 PM

Dear try this first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5q9-XAnDtk

if it did not fix the issue and gaive you a new error try to perform an update of openerp. It appears that your account_financial_report_webkit module is newer than the report_webkit module bundled with openerp. The change in the report_webkit module was introduced in June 2014.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/13/13, 4:16 AM
Seen: 3015 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM