This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I am facing problem on the installation of the module product_variant_multi on V7. I took the code from lauchpad on the extra-addons/trunk

Following error is raised when trying to install the module :

Exception: Module loading failed: file product_variant_multi/product_variant_multi/security/ir.model.access.csv could not be processed:
     Line 3 : No matching record found for external id 'model_product_variant_dimension_option' in field 'Object'

The specified line of the ir.model.access.csv file :

"access_product_variant_dimension_option_user","Read access on product.variant.dimension.option for employees","model_product_variant_dimension_option","base.group_user",1,0,0,0

What does this error means ? I was thinking maybe it's because the class : product_variant_dimension_value is not declared. But I don't think so cause it is well defined in the product_variant.py contains file. Moreover no error on the line 1 and line 2 of ir.model.access.csv which contains :

"access_product_variant_dimension_type_user","Read access on product.variant.dimension.type for employees","model_product_variant_dimension_type","base.group_user",1,0,0,0
"access_product_variant_dimension_value_user","Read access on product.variant.dimension.value for employees","model_product_variant_dimension_value","base.group_user",1,0,0,0
Discard
Author

I understand now the error : the model (database table) : product_variant_dimension_option is not created. Just for test, I copied the folder product_variant_multi and named it under product_variant_multi_test and its works fine : the model : product_variant_dimension_option was created. I check about system right on both folder, they are the same. Any idea why changing the name of the module it works ?

You need to make a but report not create a question here. Please report this on launchpad.

Author

Who person who might encountered the same Pb, For V7, the branch to download product_variant_multi can be found in the question : "extra-addons, what branches to take". The branch extra-addons/trunk is for 6.1

Author Best Answer

Right version of this product_variant_multi module for V7 here : https://code.launchpad.net/~akretion-team/openerp-product-variant/migr-v7-wip

Discard

Well this branch is for a merge proposal with state Work in Progress

So the actual branch even if not ready yet will be lp:openerp-product-variant/7.0