Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

error during database creation

By
Zanga Chimombo
on 12/26/13, 8:11 AM 684 views

i installed openerp-server and openerp-client packages on Debian 6 using apt (and had to upgrade postgres from 8.4 to 9.1 in order to get OpenERP to connect to the database).

i have not installed the web client.

i have not been able to create a new database. i get the error above when i attempt to do so. what could be the problem? where do i look for any clues? i have tried checking both the openerp server logs and the database logs to no avail: /var/log/openerp-server.log and /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-9.1-main.log

i have also searched the web and this forum. please help!

Zanga.

may be problem is with postgresql 9.1 coz it uses LATIN instead of UTF 8, if its LATIN then delete pgcluster and create a new one

senthil
on 12/27/13, 2:01 AM

Gustavo

--Gustavo--
| 2 1 4
Buenos Aires, Argentina
--Gustavo--

Python developer, big fan of sailing

Gustavo
On 12/26/13, 8:50 AM

You have problems with your database installation. As the openerp user, try creating the database. You can do that with the following command

sudo -u openerp createdb tst_openerp

An error message should be displayed, that will give you further information on what's going on. You can also check the PostgreSQL logs, chances are you will find them in this location:

/var/log/postgresql

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/26/13, 8:11 AM
Seen: 684 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM