This question has been flagged
6 Replies

Dear all,

Today, after a fresh install of Odoo v9, I get the attached error when trying to create a new database. The error is:

Database creation error: "Mixing apples and oranges: None in res.groups(5, 4)" while parsing /opt/odoo/openerp/addons/base/security/base_security.xml:18, near

<record model="res.groups" id="group_system">
<field name="name">Settings</field>
<field name="implied_ids" eval="[(4, ref('group_erp_manager'))]"/>
<field name="users" eval="[(4, ref('base.user_root'))]"/>
</record>

I have confirmed everything and my odoo-server.conf is: 

admin_passwd = admin
db_host = False
db_port = False
db_user = odoo
db_password = admin
addons_path = /opt/odoo/addons

User odoo is already created on postgresql and the password set is "admin".

This is not the first time I install odoo 9 using the method used, and never had problem like this.

What could be the reason?

Regards

Paulo

Discard

Did you try to create a db with demo data?

I got the same error. I tried both with and without demo data, but in both occasions the same error occurs.

Best Answer

Hi Paulo Matos,

You need to add one more path in addons (ie) /opt/odoo/openerp/addons

This path contains the base modules

Thats why the error raising while accessing the base group

After editing your addons path look like this addons_path = addons_path = /opt/odoo/addons, /opt/odoo/openerp/addons

Discard
Author

Dear Karthik, thank you very much for the update.

Best Answer

Hi,

Strange. After this error, i removed the whole content of /opt/odoo and cloned the master branch into it. No change on config file. It is created the database without error. Then i cloned back the 9.0 branch and works perfect.

Discard
Author

Perhaps was branch error since I had myself installed odoo 9 with no errors. The first time I saw this error was on yesterday branch.

Best Answer

Hi Paulo Matos,

Discard