Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Error after upgrading master. Internal Server Error on existing databases

By
Kyle Krenzer
on 7/9/14, 3:57 PM 1,636 views

openerp.sql_db: Programming error: column res_partner.vat_subjected does not exist

LINE 1: ...er."website",res_partner."lang",res_partner."fax",res_partne...

^

, in query SELECT res_partner."comment",res_partner."function",date_trunc('second', res_partner."create_date") as create_date,res_partner."notify_email",res_partner."color",res_partner."message_last_post",res_partner."phone",res_partner."use_parent_address",res_partner."street",res_partner."birthdate",res_partner."type",res_partner."signup_type",res_partner."city",res_partner."display_name",res_partner."opt_out",res_partner."zip",res_partner."title",res_partner."country_id",res_partner."parent_id",res_partner."last_reconciliation_date",res_partner."employee",res_partner."ref",res_partner."email",res_partner."vat",res_partner."website",res_partner."lang",res_partner."fax",res_partner."vat_subjected",res_partner."street2",res_partner."section_id",res_partner."supplier",res_partner."calendar_last_notif_ack",res_partner."date",res_partner."tz",res_partner."signup_expiration",res_partner."customer",res_partner."credit_limit",res_partner."name",res_partner."user_id",res_partner."mobile",res_partner."debit_limit",res_partner."signup_token",res_partner."is_company",res_partner."state_id",res_partner."commercial_partner_id",res_partner.id FROM "res_partner" WHERE res_partner.id IN %s ORDER BY display_name

I can create a new db but any db's I have created before the update does not load and gives the internal server error.  I am lost and hope to recover some data.

Hi Kyle, I believe the architecture and database structure of the master branch is constantly evolving and changing so it is not recommended to try and upgrade from the master branch to v 8.0. In 8.0 from my understanding the database structure and api have been "frozen" so it is relatively safe to try and upgrade on that branch (however always make a backup before an upgrade that you can roll back to). If you do not have a backup i'd recommend trying to roll back to the branch and fork that you originally downloaded, as I believe the database structure will be the same and you can recover your data, however I have not tried this myself.

Luke Branch
on 7/9/14, 11:47 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/9/14, 3:57 PM
Seen: 1636 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM