This question has been flagged

Dialog box shows the following message:

Access Denied

The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.

(Document type: Message, Operation: read)

I googled a bit and it shows simmilar problems like this message but when they try to create a pricelist or a contact, and apparently it is a bug due to access rights and I have been changing those by trial and error but I cannot find any combination that lets my user open his inbox.

I also read that it is because there are messages archived that reference a user that has been deleted from teh DB but that has not been the case, at least in this last week and we have deleted plenty users before and never had this problem.

Discard

This also happens when something else a message refers to is deleted - such as a Sales Order, Purchase Order, etc. Deleting these things via the UI doesn't cause this problem, it is when they are deleted from the database. Has anything been deleted via SQL ?

Author

No such action has been taken, we do not touch the DB directly for this very reason. Some more research pointed out that it also happens when one of the messages in the inbox is from a user that was deleted from the DB, which did not happen either.