Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

erp7 Task -> Log a Note -> Access Denied

By
Adam Hrůza
on 5/31/13, 11:29 AM 2,783 views

Hi everybody!

I have small problem with openERP7. I duplicate group "Portal" into a new group "Clients". I create new user "USER" and put him into group Clients. When I loggin as USER and I want write new Note (Projects - Task - Log a Note), then I got these message:

Access Denied The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator. (Document type: Message, Operation: create)

I cannot find the problem, Acces Rights are same like Admin. Where can be a problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks, Adam.

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 5/31/13, 5:58 PM

I don't know if this will help your case, but I recently had a client with some weird permissions issues and similar problems with projects and tasks.

It turned out that they had some missing record rules, plus a couple extra ones not in the latest build. I deleted all record rules and re-loaded a set I exported from runbot.

Might be worth a try?

ViktorV
On 12/29/13, 5:54 PM

Module note, note.py, line~ 82.

If your create Note with stage, function _get_default_stage_id return first stage. But note not create yet and access rule say "access denied".

Why get first stage? Because before if you add new note and you have some stages but you not set stage manual when create note, system put note to "undefined" stage. And it way to can't show Note. After sometime, add new futures - it possible show new note with "undefined" stage in first stage. It works. Onetime it stop working. But you remember we have possible show note with "undefined" stage.

If some change

def _get_default_stage_id(self,cr,uid,context=None):
    ids = self.pool.get('note.stage').search(cr,uid,[('user_id','=',uid)], context=context)
    #return ids and ids[0] or False
    return False

Now create new note with "undefined" stage, save that. After you can change stage what you wont.

fussions
On 7/22/14, 8:00 AM

Hi, I uncheck "Clients" checkbox and check "Portal" but there is same problem when I want write Note (Access Denied ...Document type: Message, Operation: create)

Adam Hrůza
On 6/3/13, 5:47 AM

Thanks for suggestions. I try change access rights, but without success. So I try this; I create new user and mark his as Project / User and HR / Employee Everithing works fine! When I duplicate group HR / Employee to the new "Clients" group, unmark user as Employee and mark his as Clients, then Log a Note does not work.

Groups Clients and Employee are same, I open two browsers and compare Rules, Inherited, Access Right...

It is a bug? Can you try duplicate Group and try write new Note? Write new message is ok, but Note is problem.

Thanks, Adam.

Dharmesh Rathod
On 6/1/13, 10:54 AM

Hi,

You have to give access rights on objects which are accessible by "Clients" group or you can use "Inherited" tab and select proper group which has access rights on objects.

Email : info@acespritech.com
Blog : acespritechblog.wordpress.com

Mike Lindsay
On 5/31/13, 1:57 PM

Under the user's access right, did you grant him/her access to 'Portal' with the checkbox?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/31/13, 11:29 AM
Seen: 2783 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM