Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

enable product number openerpv7

By
Juan Miguel Samano
on 3/13/13, 12:36 AM 1,753 views

how can i enable product number in product entry ??

product number means its quantity or serial number?

Remya
on 3/13/13, 12:42 AM

I think serial number - at least i would be VERY interested in a serial number for products

Michael Karrer
on 3/13/13, 5:35 AM

You can give serial number for the product in "Internal Reference" field. I had added in that field.

Remya
on 3/13/13, 6:47 AM

sorry for the lack of explanation, we need to control products by unique numbers example: UPC code, sku, or numeric in house code, beside of serial numbers at product level, Any Ideas or solutions ???

Juan Miguel Samano
on 3/15/13, 9:00 PM

You mean barcode. Another name of UPC is Barcode. You can give it in "EAN13 Barcode" field.

Remya
on 3/16/13, 1:40 AM
Paul Ridley
On 6/23/13, 10:48 AM

HI Juan MIguel,

the unique numbering.coding at product level is normally done in the 'Internal Reference"field which is displays ont he Information tab in the Product master data.

A indivudual product (bought of sold) can have a serial number (sometimes called lot number or batch number) which is then used for tracking an indivisual product through the logistic chain. Please be aware that serial/lot numbers do not have to be unique since multiple individual products can have been produced in the same batch and thus have the samen lot/batch numbers. You can enable serial numbers in Settings->Configuation->Warehouse->Traceability->Track serial number on products. Once this has been set you can the configure at product level whether you want to track serial numer when recieving, manufacturing or shipping goods or any combination of these 3 options.

hope this helps

kind regards

Paul Pawri Group BV www.pawri.nl

we see a major difference in serial number to lot number. a serial number is always unique where a lot number is not. in 6.x the current implementation was called lot number. in 7.0 the name has changed to serial number but behaves still like a lot number. This confused us a lot and we are still looking for a robust implementation of a unique serial number function.

Travelping GmbH, Holger Winkelmann
on 7/26/13, 9:45 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/13/13, 12:36 AM
Seen: 1753 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM