Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Enable password recovery from database

By
John Doe
on 1/25/14, 11:19 AM 2,508 views

I have locked myself out of my OpenERP by forgetting my password (doh!) so as topic says I need to enable password recovery directly within the database. In which table etc. can I do it?

Btw, I am using the auth_crypt module so I cannot just simply recover my old password by looking in res_users.

Thanks in advance

John Doe
On 1/25/14, 11:20 AM

Btw, I am using the auth_crypt module so I cannot just simply recover my old password by looking in res_users.

marc
On 1/26/14, 4:17 PM

Normally what you do is provide in the clear text section of the database that looks like random text in the password field is a string of random text that matches a password that is known to decode to a known password.

An example in the context of PostgreSQL http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Algorithm-for-generating-md5-encrypted-password-not-found-in-documentation-td4919082.html

You cannot decode a hash - you can use a rainbow table to do a lookup but with a salt that is almost not possible. And further the hashing is not done by PostgreSQL but by the auth_crypt module which from what I know is not the same as the simple integrated MD5 hashing function in PostgreSQL.

I simply want to know where I can enable the password recovery (from the login screen) in the database. Which table and row do I need to edit? (I do not want to waste time RE the auth_crypt module so I can create a new MD5 hash based on what ever salt the module is using.)

John Doe
on 1/26/14, 5:12 PM

The object is base.config.settings and the field is auth_signup_reset_password

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 1/27/14, 9:50 PM

Fabrice, thank you so much. :)

John Doe
on 3/13/14, 12:16 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/25/14, 11:19 AM
Seen: 2508 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM