This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hello,

I am using openerp 7.0.

I created an employee (Human Ressources->Employees->Create), but I am not able to see it as a partner.

For example, it is not proposed by the system when I try to enter an account journal item where my emplyee is the partner.

Should I create the employee as a customer to be able to enter a payment that I give him for example?

Thanks for help.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Michael,

It isn't with employee creation you get partner but it is when you create the user account of employee in the system. So go to Setting-> Users -> Users.

Discard
Best Answer

Employees are directly (name_) related to resources...
The relation between employee and partner is trough home adress. So you need to create a home address for employee and then it should be visible in partners. (but remember to mark it a customer, or a supplier to be able to see him on those lists..)

Also... you may link employee to a user (wich is also related to a partner, actualy res_users model inherits res_partner)

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks To you all..

Koffi : What if I do not want my employee to be a user of the system?

Bole : Your trick works, but the name of the partner appears as the home address. Isn't this wierd? And when I open that address in the Customers view for example, I do not see the name of my employee.

Discard
Author

That is ok. because, the home adress wies is in fact composed via get_home_addres function, and it combines Name, street, city, zip and other address data and shows them acordingly to your language setting for adress (to review it, install addressbook module, go to sales- and check/edit how address is shown for your loacle), You will never see employee name on partner form because it is not backward related...and there is no need for it... reason is one person/partner can have more than one address, but you have to select exactly one for home addres in employee form... and if you read again.. model of employees is in fact name_related to RESOURCES, not partners... employees work address lins him to your company also, so he shows up as a contact for your company in contacts list )

Author

Thanks again. I am indeed a simple user of the application, I don't code in it. So to be able to pay my employees, what should you suggest? Should I create them as employees, and make them appear as partners thanks to that trick, or should I create them as employees, and also create them as suppliers/customers, so that this second version automatically appears as a partner, whereas the first version will be used for timesheets, holidays and so on..

Author

Well, if they are supposed to use odoo they should be users, if not, cretae them only as employees, and assign them home address ( create partner)... When defining a partner you can also assign their bank account and other needed details for payment to be made. You do not need to make them supplier or customer, It is only a trick to be shown when you look at suppliers or customers menus... Other way to see them is to open that menus and remove default filter.. You do not need to create them twice... If you create an employee, and from that form create Home addres for that employee, that will create a partner related to the employee... (you said that there is a name shown on employee form?... try entering street, city, zip and country on partner form... then the complete addres will be visible on employee form view) There is not first or second version for creating partners:)

Author

Thanks.. The solution I found is to create employee, to put his name as his home address, so that my employee's name appears as a partner

AHA!!!.... read again.... edit that partner and enter his full adress details:) see it again on employee form;)

AHA!!!.... read again.... edit that partner and enter his full adress details:) see it again on employee form;)