This question has been flagged
5 Replies

Email Alias and other related settings can't be set because the "Emails" tab is missing is project settings. We have two databases and in the sandbox db the above mentioned tab is visible, in the production db is not visible. Of course, the two dbs are not exactly the same, not even the installed apps. Any help is welcome. We are using Odoo v.9

Discard
Author Best Answer

Finally, we I've found the solution: https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/9.0/project/advanced/claim_issue.html

"If you cannot see the email address on your project, go to the menu Settings ‣ General Settings and configure your alias domain. Hit Apply and go back to your Projects dashboard where you will now see the email address under the name of your project."

Discard
Best Answer

I have the 100% working answer for you, as I also searched for 20 minutes: 

If you have not set an email alias in the sales module, you do not have the email tab under projects -> create. 

So go first to: Sales -> Settings and and configure your domain under Leads Email Alias, 

after doing that you immediately have the email tab and you can add aliases!!!

all the best,

Malte Helmhold

Discard
Author

Hi Malte, thank you for your answer. In our case the the solution was exactly as the documentation says of at https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/9.0/project/advanced/claim_issue.html

"If you cannot see the email address on your project, go to the menu Settings ‣ General Settings and configure your alias domain. Hit Apply and go back to your Projects dashboard where you will now see the email address under the name of your project."

Best Answer

I had this problem too, but found it was solved after:

a) installing CRM (Sales) module

b) Editing my admin user and setting "Administration" to "Settings" (I had previously changed it, but wasn't obvious which option was the highest setting IMO)

Discard
Author

Thanks Daniel, unfortunately didn't help.