Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

emails not in emails list

Tilfried Weissenberger
on 3/21/14, 6:35 AM 891 views

I have correctly configured and validated the outgoing mail server. When sending a RfQ, for example, the email appears at the bottom in the messages section, but is never actually sent. I cannot find it under settings > email > emails. This list is totally empty (also when removing all filters).

any ideas what could be the problem?

regards, Tilli

The reason the mail was not sent was revealed in the openerp server logs. Turns out OpenERP uses the user's ALIAS as the FROM SMTP header and that was not a valid user/email on that system. So I changed the aliases of the users to correspond to their email address and it now works.

Emails still don't show up in Settings > Email > Emails, so to find the error, you must look at the logs.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 3/21/14, 6:35 AM
Seen: 891 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM