This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I created Email template and one Custom Email button to send the mail alert to the customer while clicking on the button .

• My issue : is while clicking the Button I got odoo warning: 
    Sender email is missing or empty after template rendering. Specify one to deliver your message

Discard

Check whether you configured outgoing mail server and specified sender in mail template ?

Best Answer

Most of the time we need to send an email after successfully completion of some tasks or event. I have a complete code which sends email on button click.To send an email in odoo first of all we need create email template. We can create this email template using following two ways.

Read more how to send email on button click:

http://learnopenerp.blogspot.com/2017/08/odoo-how-to-send-email-on-button-click.html

Discard
Best Answer

This error means that a user, from who, you are sending a message, lacks e-mail address. You should do one of the followings:

1. Send a message from any standard user which for sure has an email address. Let say, 'admin@yourcompany.com' using sudo().message_post

2. Add a try whether a user has a proper email address in your funciton, and if no raise popup to enter this data

Discard