Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Email send through some specified IDs

By
Debashis Das
on 10/23/13, 9:53 AM 800 views

In OpenERP 7 the Quotations, Invoices etc. we are sending via email to customers through the login ID of the individual users. But I want to sent the emails to customers through some specified IDs. Ex.. Invoices should be sent through ID bill@domain.com or Quotations should be sent through qtn@domain.com and all the users should follow the same IDs for the particular jobs, so that, customer can identify easily from where the emails is coming from.

Is this possible in OpenERP 7 configuration, if so, how ?

Brett Lehrer

--Brett Lehrer--
| 5 4 8
Milwaukee, United States
--Brett Lehrer--
Director of IT and open source enthusiast.
Brett Lehrer
On 10/23/13, 5:24 PM

Under settings -> email -> templates, there are all of the automated email templates to edit. The defaults on the From field are referencing ${object.user_id.email or ''} generally, you could just change that to ${'billing@domain.com'} to use for a static From field on that automatic email.

Not working ... The email is still sent from the author email address.

CBPPG
on 10/24/13, 7:53 AM

Ahh, you're right, I was only writing offhand for 6.1, but that won't work in 7.0. I'll have to think about that and come back to it.

Brett Lehrer
on 10/24/13, 7:28 PM

any update ?

BBindaslife, Debashis Das
on 11/6/13, 5:15 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/23/13, 9:53 AM
Seen: 800 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM