Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Email problem when setting a calendar event

By
David Brugneaux
on 6/16/14, 3:53 PM 723 views

Hello,

I'm experiencing a really strange problem when setting a new calendar event.

The email notifications are not sent to the attendees due to the following problem:

Let's say I would like to have john.doe@somedomain1.com, jane.doe@somedomain2.com  and mr.nobody@mydomain.com, attending this event.

When the invitations are sent they are not sent to "john.doe@somedomain1.com", "jane.doe@somedomain2.com" and "mr.nobody@mydomain.com".

If I look at my SMTP server logs, I find that the script tryied to send the messages to "john.doe@somedomain1.comjane.doe", "@somedomain2.commr.nobody" and "@mydomain.com".

I can't explain what happens but it seems that a string splitting is not applied at the good place... did somebody already experimented that?

I'm using this build : openerp-7.0-20140613-231141

Thanks a lot.

Daboule

David Brugneaux
On 7/3/14, 4:20 PM

Hi Nicolas, Thanks for your answer, but my problem is not related to the email reception. That's correct at this level (my contacts can receive emails by any other openerp module, the only one that is causing problem is the calendar).

The problem is really related to the way OpenErp splits the addresses.

If I want to invit partner1@mydomain.com and partner2@mydomain2.com, instead of sending the mails to those two addresses, OpenerERP sends them to *partner1@mydomain.compartner2* and to *@mydomain2.com.* I can't figure out why it concatenate the domain extension of the first recipient with the name of the second one.

That's crazy... I've updated to a newer version and I still have the same problem..

Regards,

David

Jeudy Nicolas

--Jeudy Nicolas--
| 6 7 8
PELOUSEY, France
--Jeudy Nicolas--

- Linux administrator - Functional guy with OpenERP - Python, html, css, javascript developer OpenERP Ready Partner

Jeudy Nicolas
On 6/16/14, 6:13 PM

Hello,

Verify that you have good setting under res.partner form.

You should have 'All message, discution, email ...'. or 'Incoming Emails and Discussions' under 'Sale and puchase' page of your res.partner attending the event.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/16/14, 3:53 PM
Seen: 723 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM