This question has been flagged
2 Replies

On the community version, I have a long email address for an employee (HR module) that is truncated in one report (Excel format) but the same data is displayed in full in another report (also Excel format). I am new to Odoo. Where can I start to look into the issue? Any help or hint is appreciated.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi, Niyas,

I don't think the reports are custom reports. They are base/standard reports in HR module. And it is not the Excel report format issue. The actual data in the report cell is truncated. 

The problem is the email address I entered for an employee is "John.Test.ThisIsVeryLongEmail@gmail.com" (data in the database) for column "Personal E-mail". The email showed up in "Employee Data Report" is "John.Test.ThisIsVeryLongEmail@gmail..". But the same data showed up in another report is correct. I am thinking it is the data for model/view "employee.data" is not populated correctly. But I don't know how and where to fix it.

@Niyas, the information you provided in your video tutorials are very useful and thank you for your response.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

If you are using any custom reports, while generating the report, you can set the column size in the code so that the data will be seen fully rather than getting truncated. Also from the excel itself you can just adjust the column size after printing.

If you are using any custom module, see how to set the column size:  How To Increase Column Width of Excel Report in Odoo

Thanks

Discard