This question has been flagged
5 Replies

Hi

I have setup the outgoing mail settings in the general config. The parameters have been verfied ans works on another applications : we are using authenticated TLS connection to Office 365 SMTP gateway.

When I click on "test connection" OpenERP replies that the conneciotn was successful. When I go to users and clikc on "Send reset password link by email" i got an error message telling me that no outgoing mail server has been defined ! All mail functions are not working !

What is wrong ?

Thanks for your help, Antoine.

Discard

Check out video on email http://youtu.be/OoHPgtsM2fA

Author

Thanks ! after new test (using the email feature) Mail is working. The error message for password reset I got is maybe because I setup LDAP authentication...

I tried to email setting of office 365 SMTP gateway. same issue when test connection it is fine but any email try to send it show no outgoing mail server has been defined. i checked the above link video also but no success . please suggest what main step you have taken to solve this issue . i am struggle on for past two weeks. i also tried gmail set up in outgoing mail every there working fine . what is issue with Office 365 SMTP gateway. please help on this ?

Author

Hi, here are the settings :

SMTP server : you will find it in Outlook Web Access (option --> All options --> POP/IMAP/SMTP settings)

SMTP portPort : 587

Security : TLS

username : your Outlook email

password : your Outlook password

Ensure that in the global settings you didn't set any domain alias and that the username email address are the proper Office 365 email address

You have also to find a way on how to authorize the username set in SMTP settings to send email on behalf of the email adresse set in the username settings !... I had to find a more permissive SMTP server from my ISP!

Best Answer

Hi Guys,

I have prepared a guide on how to integrate the Odoo ERP with Office 365 mail server ( https://ventor.tech/guides/how-to-configure-emails-to-work-with-office-365-and-odoo/ ). It has been verified on many customers already, and all screenshots are from latest Odoo (11 at the moment of writing) and latest version of Office 365. 

At a glance what  should be done:

- Configure Outgoing mail Server in Office 365 as Relay Server

- Configure Catchall Email in Office 365

- Install Odoo module to inform users that they used the wrong email

- Configure Outgoing Mail Server in Odoo

- Configure Incoming Mail Server in Odoo

- Test Odoo ERP Emailing Setup

Discard