Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

email history

By
Dale
on 3/6/13, 8:12 AM 1,404 views

Where does sent and received email go in relation to a contact. I.e how does the owner of the business see the email history between his client and his employee?

Georg Bretschneider
On 3/6/13, 10:33 AM

Directly in OpenERP you can find all messages when you activate the "technical features" setting for the account you want to use (logout/login after) and then go to Settings --> Technical --> Email --> Messages. There you can also sort for sender or whatever parameter you want to filter. You will see all sent and received messages.

Depending on your email setup for OpenERP you may have configured one catchall email address that is used for all OpenERP related messaging. Take a look into this accounts INBOX to find all messages or notifications about new messages. But the amount of emails found in this account really depends on your overall setup. As far as I could find out sent messages are not stored in the SENT folder of this email account.

And how to track easily the partner communications?, without going to 5 click far, and typing a name..... so on the partner form the following messages why not have an option to displayy all partner related email history....?? or under the history tab... ?

ECP D
on 5/7/13, 11:07 AM
Dale
On 6/10/13, 1:33 PM

Thanks this is not sufficient and I found a local developer who has added a messages button to the contact record that displays all the mail history

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/6/13, 8:12 AM
Seen: 1404 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM