This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello,

I am trying to set the Outgoing mailing server settings in OpenERP7 so that it can use our company's Outgoing Mailing Server. The connection test is successful but when I try to send an email, it looks like it's sent but when I open my mail box it doesn't receive anything.

I tried the Gmail SMTP and it's working perfectly!

My company's outgoing mailing server settings are something like this:

SMTP Server: mail.mycompany.com

Port: 587

Security: None

Login: mylogin

Password: **

How can I fix that?

Thanks!

Discard

Your question is ambiguous. Are you saying you got it working with Gmail SMTP, but now want instead to use your own SMTP?

Author

Yes Martin that's it! The connection test is successful with my own SMTP but when I send emails they don't reach destination

Can you review the logs of your internal SMTP server?

Author

No I can't Martin sorry I do not have full access to the SMTP server

I don't see how you can get any further with this until you learn from your SMTP logs whether it is configured to permit what you are trying to do.

Best Answer

You do not mention changing the Priority field. Could that be the problem?

When OpenERP sends an email it uses the recorded SMTP service with the lowest Priority number.

It is not completely clear to me whether this is relevant, but since it's only 2 mins long, this video might help:

Google OAuth Demo: Step #3 SMTP setup so as to invite UID/PWD users to use OAUth.

I made it to show how to use Google OAuth, but it also demonstrates outgoing mail set up.

Discard
Author

I did not change the priority it is still at 10. I don't even know what is it for to be honest!

Answer updated.

Author

I followed all the steps mentioned in the video It works perfectly with Google SMTP but I want to use my own SMTP and when I test the connection, the test is successful but when I send the email, it doesn't reach it's destination

It seems as if your local SMTP server is accepting connections, but refusing to send mail from an unregistered sender.

Author

I am using an account that is registered in that mailing server.

Yes, of course you are, or it would have refused the connection. But that still doesn't mean that your current activity is permitted. In my opinion this is not your problem -- it is the mail server sysop's problem.