Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Editing Delivery Slip / Picking Slip

Michael Soo
on 1/28/15, 5:47 AM 1,086 views

Hi all,

I have just installed Odoo V.8 and I wanted to try to edit the reports like stock picking or delivery note. Can anyone tell me how to do it? 

I have tried changing the view format to HTML so that I can edit it after I select printing the report, but when I click on saving it, it goes back to the original format. Please help.

Michael Soo
On 1/28/15, 5:57 AM

Hi Yenthe,

Mind explaining it to me how to do it? For example I want to edit the stock.report_picking report. How do I do it? Do I click on Search associated QWeb views and view the file from there?

You could do it from settings > reports and then find your report which you edited. The downside however is that your changes will be lost on a module update. The best way is to do it by code in your XML file under the module.

on 1/28/15, 6:43 AM

| 7 7 8
Turnhout, Belgium

My Odoo blog: http://www.odoo.yenthevg.com/

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Yenthe666

On 1/28/15, 6:22 AM

You should edit the QWeb report through the XML file, as the changes will then be kept permanently. Simply find the module where your report is and go in to the views. Your .XML file for the report will be there.. modify what you want to have added, update your module & you're done!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 1/28/15, 5:47 AM
Seen: 1086 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM