This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I want to make some changes in the .py file of sales order.But I am not able to trace the location of the file.In which file should I make editings so that it reflect in the sales order

Discard
Best Answer

You should make your own module and overwrite the sales part that you want altered. Never make modifications in the core code because that will bite you in the end and will be lost everytime you update the main branch.

This link might help you on that:

https://doc.openerp.com/trunk/server/03_module_dev_01/

Discard
Author

Actually there is no need to create as i dont want the alteration permanently.I just want to enable the deletion of sales order in done status.So i am planning to edit the unlink method in the .py file and enable deletion and after deleting all the sales order i will rollback the changes to the py file.

Ah, in that case, search for the class sale_order(osv.osv). It should be somewhere in addons/sale/sale.py

but i cant found that error message in invalid action in addons/sale/sale.py.THe message is
Invalid Action!

In order to delete a confirmed sales order, you must cancel it.
To do so, you must first cancel related picking for delivery orders.

Ok

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 2:45 PM, Ludo - Neobis <ludo@neobis.nl> wrote:

Ah, in that case, search for the class sale_order(osv.osv). It should be somewhere in addons/sale/sale.py

--
Ludo - Neobis Sent by OpenERP S.A. using OpenERP. Access your messages and documents in Odoo

Author

but i cant found that error message in invalid action in addons/sale/sale.py.THe message is Invalid Action! In order to delete a confirmed sales order, you must cancel it. To do so, you must first cancel related picking for delivery orders.