Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Edit the HTML reports templates

on 5/20/14, 9:31 AM 23,418 views

I folowed the steps given by Fabrice Henrion in this question (https://www.odoo.com/forum/Help-1/question/Is-there-any-way-to-preview-WebKit-report-layout-while-coding-maybe-WYSIWYG-Editor-52307#answer-52417) and i am now able to edit the texts in the HTML report.

However, i would like to know how to edit the layout and add functions fields, for instance the amount_to_text function to the invoice/order.

So if somebody knows how to do that, it would be great.

Michel Cornelis
On 10/11/14, 9:57 AM

This has been really helpful so far, thanks.

However, I miss a step : how can I bring a given qweb report into the html editor ? For example, I "print" an invoice, I get the popup of my invoice with the edit button and the customize button. When I click on Edit, I can bring changes in the text, but I don't see the fields by their names. If I click on Customize/HTML editor, I get the HTML editor with a dropdown menu in which I can only find a structure that looks like the one of my company website, not the qweb report of the invoice ?

Sorry for being dumb, but I'm new with Odoo (Odoo 8 online, by the way).

Can someone help ?

joachim grubelnik
On 6/3/14, 2:29 AM

i edit the qweb report directly with the customize option from the top menü which seems to work nice :-), but i saw a concatenated report in case of sale.report_saleorder which calls the sale.report_saleorder_document. in the cutsomize menü i can choose the container/editor/style and sale.report_saleorder but i cannot change to sale.report_saleorder_document report .... 

so i tried to figure out how it will work, and checked the address http://01135-master-74600a.runbot.odoo.com/report/html/sale.report_saleorder/40#advanced-view-editor?view=1841

i tried to change the view ID to the one of sale.report_saleorder_document report and the name of the report in the link like this

but then i get an out of list in index error, so i think i did not fully understand the reporting editing , 

i understoud that i can edit (blue Button) the report on the left side but i think this is not how you want people to do it....

how can i edit the related content with this editor, or do i have to edit just externaly and paste it back in the qweb report views  ? Or is this way of Editing just not finished yet?

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 5/20/14, 5:18 PM

From the top menu Customize, you can use the HTML editor. You can edit the QWeb template directly.

In case of an invoice, I experience the same behaviour descirbed by Joachim grubelnik on V8rc1. A quick triage would be helpful: expected behaviour(if so why?)/mistake/unfinished/wontfix

David Arnold
on 7/30/14, 11:10 PM
On 5/21/14, 5:58 AM

Thank you Fabien for your answer, When i go to the Customize -> HTML Editor i can find where to put functions, now, do i have to add the attributes to the class in the .py file like it is done for the RML ?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

8 follower(s)

Asked: 5/20/14, 9:31 AM
Seen: 23418 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM