Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Edit Reports - Odoo 8

By
Alejandro Perez Cosio
on 9/19/14, 11:18 AM 4,864 views

Hello Community,

I'm working with Odoo 8 and I having big troubles trying to edit some reports with tools like:

• LibreOffice 4.3 (the openerp plugin doesn't work with this version)
  • OpenOffice 3.6 (I can't edit existing reports since I get an URL error when I try to open some report from the server with the plugin)
  • Jasper Rerports (plugins are not compatible with Odoo 8)
  • Aeroo (I couldn't find the way to work with Odoo 8)

As you see, I tried almost every way omitting hardcode (which I would like to try if there is no other way, but I'm not sure how to start with). So, is there a working method to edit existing reports for Odoo 8? 

Thanks in advance

Regards

Alejandro Perez

Hi Alejandro, Please check here for Aeroo install instructions for running on Ubuntu 12.04 (I used 12.04.5): https://github.com/jamotion/aeroo/issues/2

Luke Branch
on 10/16/14, 5:48 AM
Kelly Stuart
On 10/29/14, 11:41 PM

Hi Alejandro. Believe it or not, you can use the new Website Builder to help you edit the layout of reports. Install the Website Report module. Then go to Settings - Reports and find the report you want to modify. Change its report type to "HTML" and then run the report as you normally would. When the on-screen preview appears, click on the Edit button in the upper left. If you need to add fields or modify them in code, go to back to the report under Settings, edit it, and click "Search associated QWeb views"; here you will find the XML architecture for the report and you can edit it. 

I hope this information proves helpful. Good luck!

Hi Kelly, I followed your instructions, but unfortunately it did not work. I am trying to edit account.invoice. When I try to open the report after changing the type to html, this does not open. I am using a database in odoo saas. Anything else that I should consider?

Luis Miguel Sarabia Quiroz
on 11/10/14, 7:10 PM

This works for me, thanks

Marko
on 10/15/15, 2:12 PM
priyanka
On 12/10/14, 6:33 AM

https://github.com/JayVora-SerpentCS/Jasperv8 .This is the link of jasper report module which is compatible with Odoo 8.

Thank You

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/19/14, 11:18 AM
Seen: 4864 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM