Odoo Help

10 Answers
David Birchmier
12/28/14, 4:22 PM

Hi TVDC,

I'll try to help out as I was also very confused about this when I first started working with Odoo v8. 

The short answer is:

1) You can use  "HTML" and edit the template via the visual WYSIWIG editor. To do this, locate the invoice you wish to modify and change the default from PDF to HTML.  Now open ANY invoice. Select Print > Invoices (or whatever you named your invoice). From here a new window will appear and an "EDIT" button will appear in the upper left. Click EDIT and change what you wish. I personally found this far too restrictive to accomplish what I wanted. I wound up with option #2.

2) Option #2 is to use QWeb. QWeb is Odoo v8's new templating system. To do this go back to Settings > Reports > Invoices (or whatever the name of your invoice is) and select "Search QWeb Views". There will be two options here. Select the one with the suffix _document 
On this screen you can edit the raw HTML / XML as you see fit.

You will see lots of talk around these forums of RML. My understanding is that this is Odoo's OLD method of modifying invoices. You should ignore everything other than QWeb or editiing it via the WYSIWIG editor. (The two options I listed above)

I have tried to include more detail in another post where I had a similiar question, here:
https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/modifying-invoice-templates-creating-multiple-invoice-templates-in-odoo-v8-71588 

Coskun Istanbulluoglu
5/10/18, 3:26 PM

Hello,

I am using Odoo Online version.

How can we add new fields in the invoice document? I know that it is possible to add new fields with Odoo Studio.

For example, I want to add total weight of the products in the footer. How to do that?

José Carlos
6/23/17, 6:43 AM

Hello all, I was trying to follow the instructions above mentioned, but dispite I can see the header and the footer needed when I have the Invoice in HTML, whenever I change it to PDF, I print the invoice and I have no header or footer.

I am using odoo 8 and I am not an expert in odoo.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Paulo Lima
6/16/15, 1:19 PM

The Option#2 is quite effective, thanks

Ask a Question
Writer
Keep Informed
3 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now