Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Edit invoice ?

By
Peter
on 2/21/13, 2:56 AM 2,847 views

Hi,

How do issue credit note(not refund) from invocing module ?

You you explain more specific?

ton123
on 2/23/13, 5:44 AM

For example, I make an invoice. Hit validate and then realize I have missed line item. We have not exchanged any money, customer does not even know about it, what is best way to handle it ? How do I issue simple credit note. In out currren system I just presame line items etc :-)

Peter
on 2/24/13, 3:40 PM

Andreas Brueckl

--Andreas Brueckl--
| 7 8 7
Vienna, Austria
--Andreas Brueckl--
OpenERP Consulting and Development
Andreas Brueckl
On 3/10/13, 8:06 AM

There are two options to update a validated invoice:

1. Create a credit note to semantically "undo" the invoice
  2. Cancel the invoice, then Set to draft and update it. Afterwards validate it again.

For the 2nd option you have to

• install module account_cancel
  • activate flag Allow Cancelling Entries for the desired journal (e.g. "Sales Journal") in menu "Accounting / Configuration / Journals / Journals"

"Create a credit note to semantically "undo" the invoice" Is it not possible to credit a credit note for part of the invoice? E.g. create a credit note for 10% of the invoice value, then reconcile that amount against the invoice?

Dan
on 9/15/14, 7:46 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/21/13, 2:56 AM
Seen: 2847 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM