Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

edit a value of a field

By
layal abishalhla
on 4/8/14, 8:21 AM 630 views

i have a field that takes a value in a create function .. its working properly , but on edit its not saving the new value :( any help??

are you using function field? provide field details.

Nehal
on 4/8/14, 8:23 AM

no its not a functional field , its a readonly char field that takes its value in the create function

layal abishalhla
on 4/8/14, 8:33 AM

If you want to update the readonly field while editing record, do the same for write method.

Nehal
on 4/8/14, 9:13 AM

Like Nehal say, openerp dont return readonly field, they assume readonly cant not be modify (my opinion is BAD IDEA), so i think you change the field with on_change function, but save dont pass the new value. You need to do what Nehal tell you, overide the write function and redo you calcul for this field. OR change the web client fot client send all field.

Serge
on 4/8/14, 11:06 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/8/14, 8:21 AM
Seen: 630 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM