Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

eclipse and openerp development setup

Alec Mouti
on 4/28/14, 12:11 PM 4,905 views

Warm greetings, I have installed openerp 7 on my ubuntu 12.4 and is working fine. I have also configured eclipse and pydev, however, when I run openerp-server on eclipse to start openerp, I get the following error. I need your help to resolve this error.

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp-server", line 5, in <module> openerp.cli.main() File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/cli/__init__.py", line 51, in main __import__(m) File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/modules/module.py", line 133, in load_module mod = imp.load_module('openerp.addons.' + module_part, f, path, descr) File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/addons/base_action_rule/__init__.py", line 23, in <module> import test_models File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/addons/base_action_rule/test_models.py", line 1, in <module> from osv import osv, fields ImportError: No module named osv

Sudhir Arya (SA)

--Sudhir Arya (SA)--
| 6 8 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Sudhir Arya (SA)--

Working as an OpenERP/Odoo developer and a Team Leader 

Top 5 Odoo contributor On Stackoverflow

Sudhir Arya (SA)
On 4/28/14, 1:28 PM

It is because you didn't give addons and web path.

You can refer Debug OpenERP code in Eclipse.

Thanks Sudhir for your prompt response. actually i used your blog for my setup and I did add up addons. my web is on addons.

Alec Mouti
on 4/29/14, 5:17 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 4/28/14, 12:11 PM
Seen: 4905 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM