This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi,

I would like to add custom product category specific attributes to products. It would be very similar to an EAV system, but I DON'T need this for Magento Integration. It is for custom parametric searches in products.

For this i need a rather fast or optimized searchable EAV extension to product table. I looking first to the JSONB field in the postgresql backend because it is a primary candidate for such feature.
Is there any possibility to implement this using the Odoo v8 ORM framework (even when for this one needs to use raw SQL queries) ?

If not. Is there any tips or clues how to implement a product category tied attribute set definition, which can be effectively used to parametric product searches?

Thanks a lot

Discard

@Sandor,

Have you seen this module in OCA?:

https://github.com/OCA/product-attribute/tree/8.0/__unported__/product_categ_attributes

I think some of the modules that are currently in the __unported__ folder in that (product-attribute) repository may be of interest to you.

Author Best Answer

Hi,

Thanks. I'll check this tomorrow and see how it can used.

I have a hope when i checked the product modell because there is some limited attribute child table.

But it is used only for product variants :(

Discard

@Sandor,

I'll be taking a look at this in more detail myself over next weekend. I think it should handle the default product variant (ie. what you see in product.template before any variants have been created), so this should be workable.

I'll post back here with what I find when I have time.