Odoo Help

Easily manage the default location of a product

By
polooo
on 2/3/16, 11:21 AM 1,406 views

Hello,

My question is really simple, how can i easily manage the default location of a product ?

For example, in my warehouse W, the product PA is located a the location LA.

So, in odoo (V9), i created a location named LA. After this, i created a route (https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/9.0/inventory/routes/concepts/use_routes.html) with a push rule to automatically move products PA from W/Stock to location LA.

It's ok, after a purchase of products PA,  when i go to Inventory/All transfers, i can see a stock operation available from W/Stock to LA. I can validate this operation and all my purchased PA will be moved to LA location.

The problem is that in my warehouse, i have hundreds locations and i don't want to create a rule for each location and each time assign these rule to the corresponding product...   Furthermore, for each move from W/Stock to a warehouse location like LA, i don't want to have to validate the stock operation, an automatic move with no need of a validation will be great.

Do you have any idea please ?

I thank you in advance.

PS : There is already this topic

https://odoo-community.org/groups/logistics-21/logistics-28552?mode=date but i don't understand anything...

Same problem here, have you already found a solution?

nero
on 2/12/16, 6:11 AM

same problem here, can anyone explain how to solve this?

paulvo
on 7/21/16, 9:23 AM

Hello, Did you find any solution ? I am facing the same problem....

Apik Conseils, Htetard
on 7/5/16, 3:48 AM

No one has an idea ? :(

polooo
on 2/5/16, 4:26 AM
Morten
On 2/26/17, 2:03 AM

I'm also very interested in this topic. An easy way to deal with default locations would be very useful.

Is it possible to have Odoo automatically assign/suggest an empty location?

ramadan
On 1/25/17, 1:18 PM

i have the same problem but i figured away to automatic move the product after manufacturing order from the main stock to the desired location by making a custom route and add to it push rule with automatic no step added in the field of automatic move then assign this rout to the product category and it working fine

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/3/16, 11:21 AM
Seen: 1406 times
Last updated: 2/26/17, 2:03 AM