This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello,

I'm trying to scan the ean13 barecode of an article on windows OS and i got 4897018823266 but on linux i got ** '_çèà&__é"é--

Can you help me. I am testing the pos module.

Thanks

Discard

does the scanner works OK with other applications in Linux?

Author

No! I try with LibreOffice Calc and writer but i get the same thing.

well... looks like you have a problem with the scanner driver. Have you tried a different scanner?

Author

i try the same test in pos module on different desktop with windows os without install any driver for scanner. Is it possible that my problem come from utf8?

Author

I change keyword language into english and every thing seems correct. Thanks for your help.

Author Best Answer

It is working now when i maintain shift touch before press on scanner

Discard
Best Answer

Why should you, change your Keyboard language, or keep the Shift key pressed each time you have to scan a Barcode?

Barcode Scanner must be configured according to your system parameters and not the reverse.

For each Scanner, you should read the User Guide, there is a Configuration section, on how to get the Scanner working properly under your system, just by reading some Configuration Barcodes.

For example, the followings are some (but not not all) properties that can be (or must be) configured:

• Keyboard used

• System language

• Action inserted after reading a Barcode ( adding a CR or CR LF ....)

The reason why, the Barcodes scanned are read correctly (for you) under Windows and not under Linux is that the actual ( maybe the default one) configuration of your scanner matches your windows system configuration.

In other words

Under another config, you can find yourself under the reverse situation: Barcode scanned correctly under Linux and not under Windows

Discard