Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

E-mails sent from odoo SaaS end up in the spam box

Maxime Deuse
on 7/31/15, 12:01 PM 736 views

I have issues where e-mails sent from a company on the odoo online platform are systematically registered as spam from Outlook, Gmail, ...

I want to solve this issue without configuring an outgoing mail server like I asked here : how-to-set-up-e-mail-messaging-with-odoo-61796 

I guess it's a problem with the spf and DKIM records of my domain but I have yet to figure how to solve it.

This is the authentication of my e-mail : Authentication-Results: hotmail.com; spf=none (sender IP is smtp.mailfrom=postmaster-odoo@my_company.odoo.com; dkim=none header.d=sharp-array.com; x-hmca=none header.id=m.deuse@sharp-array.com

Which in short means that postmaster-odoo@my_company.odoo.com wants to send e-mail as m.deuse@sharp-array.com

I believe since I don't have spf and DKIM records matching postmaster-odoo@my_company.odoo.com for the domain sharp-array.com, outlook and gmail believe I am trying to impersonate sharp-array and register me as spam.

Thus my question : How to set up spf and DKIM properly?

Maxime Deuse
On 7/31/15, 12:15 PM

After carefully reviewing it I think the best way to go about it is to add the spf record to my domain (sharp-array.com). The DKIM has to be set in the dns record but also on the server and I think this may not be possible in this case.

I modified my spf record made by outlook on my domain by appending "include:my_company.odoo.com" to the record. The final spf record looks like this : "v=spf1 include:my_company.odoo.com include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all"

After adding this to the dns of my domain my e-mail are not marked as spam anymore! Which is exactly what I wanted to achieve.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 7/31/15, 12:01 PM
Seen: 736 times
Last updated: 7/31/15, 12:18 PM