Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Dynamic values in sales quotation.

By
rosey
on 11/18/14, 1:32 AM 784 views

I have many terms and conditions in my sale quotation.

I will tick each terms and condition for displaying. Only ticked conditions should display in sales quotation.

For eg:

I have currently 3 terms and conditions in my master table.

I'm creating a sales quotation. For this i only ticked first two conditions, so the quotation shouls only display the two conditions.

How is it possible? Did i want to create seperate master table for the conditions or added in sale.order table?

@rosey in your sales order how would you like to show your conditions? Is it in a "field.Text" (big textbox), if yes then you can add a new field in sale.order say 'conditions' as fields.Text0 and then in sale.order override default_get method try to search only those conditions where the tick mark is on and fetch only those conditions and put it in the new field 'condition' that you created in the sale.order Hope this helps !!.

Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
on 11/18/14, 2:50 AM

If u have mater table for conditions then link it with a many2many field in sale.order

Sajin Aziz
on 11/18/14, 2:52 AM
Greg Moss
On 11/18/14, 2:56 AM

This may or may not work to solve your solution... But if you have many terms and conditions that will go on a sales order have you considered simply creating a product category and creating products for those terms and conditions then adding them to the sales order as a line item? Then if for reporting you needed them displayed in seperate area on the sales order you could still certainly do that. 

I sometimes take a similar approach to handling freight. I will setup a category and product for 'freight' and then simply add in freight as a product to the sales order as a line item... then when I need specialized display of reporting (like on a sales order), I just back the 'freight' category out of the subtotal on the report and filter it out the freight category from the line items. Then I can display the freight at the bottom of the sales order in its own section. With this approach you isolate your application customization to just the reporting side and have not had to extend or modify any of the models within the system.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/18/14, 1:32 AM
Seen: 784 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM