This question has been flagged

I personally haven't messaged around with HTML code since my days of customizing a MySpace page, but I have a general understanding of how all this works.  I copied and pasted the default information already present from the "Invoice: Send by Email" template to a Word document before making changes to the template, so I could paste it back in there in the event there was an error. Well, the edits I made didn't work, messed up the formatting somehow, and nothing was showing correctly. So I pasted the default information from the Word document back into the template...

After saving, the info is populating, but so is the code, in line with the text!  I've tried several things to fix this, and nothing seems to work. I've spent the last few days looking hard for a video or forum that clearly breaks down how to properly build these templates with the dynamic placeholder generator. I have more edits that I'd like to make on some other templates, but I want to make sure I know exactly what I'm doing and fix the "Invoice: Send by Email" template before I attempt changing any of the other default templates.  

Most importantly, there is an "Accept & Sign" button included at the bottom of the "Sales Order: Send by Email" template that we desperately want to ensure stays there, but I'm not seeing it in the code and very concerned that I'll mess it up too... I'm just afraid that I'm going to make a change that will impact our ability to have customers sign their sales order electronically through email, which would have a pretty big impact on our day-to-day tasks.

Any help or guidance on this subject is greatly appreciated =)

Discard

Never use a text processor to manipulate any code. Use a pure text editor such as notepad or similar.

Author

I arbitrarily assumed the opposite! Thank you!

Best Answer

Hi savannah, 

Hopefully you've found the solution, but anyway perhaps for others to see.

You can always start a demo dbase and copy the template from there to yours.

Make sure you copy the pure text (it's behind the button </>) and similarly paste it (behind the button </>) in your dbase, then it should be ok.

kind regards,

roeland

Discard