Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

During a record creation, how to get the values of table1 to filter table2's many2one?

By
allanjm
on 2/7/13, 4:17 AM 1,530 views

I have a domain to filter table2 from table1's value: Is there a way that I can get the values of table1 to filter table2's many2one, during creation of record?

Hi Charlie,

Please bare with my english =)

Thank you for that information, yes they are related and I used to browse record from models using that method. I attached a screenshot for your reference.

image description

allanjm
on 2/9/13, 7:42 AM

Just solve it myself =)

allanjm
on 2/12/13, 11:26 AM

You may explain how you resolved your issue as an answer and accept your own answer. :)

Camptocamp SA
on 2/13/13, 1:18 PM
allanjm
On 2/13/13, 10:05 PM

All right, below is my solution but im pretty sure there is a better way to do this:

#Declare as public def get_allotment_id(allot_id): a = {'allotment_id':allot_id} return a

allotment = []

#Under BOM class #I defined on_change function class bom(osv.osv): .... ....

def onchange_allotment(self, cr, uid, ids, allot_id, context=None): if allot_id: x = get_allotment_id(allot_id)['allotment_id'] if len(allotment) > 0: allotment.pop()
allotment.append(x)

return {'value': {'contingency':0.00}} #just return any value in some field

# class bom_lines(osv.osv): .... ....

def _get_allot_id(self, cr, uid, context): if allotment: return allotment[0] else: raise osv.except_osv('', 'Please select allotment for this BOM.')
_columns = { 'allotment_id': fields.many2one('res.allotments', 'Allotment'), 'category_id': fields.many2one('res.allotment.category', 'Category', domain="[('allot_id','=',allotment_id)]", required=True), } .....

_defaults = { 'allotment_id': _get_allot_id,

test
On 2/7/13, 4:35 AM

Hello,

Does records are in relation table1's and table2's?

If yes then you able to us browse method and access all relations fields.

or do self.pool.get('tablex').browse(...., ids,...) and implement logic.

Note: In term of openerp table refer as model. so instead of table use model word when you working with openerp model/class.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/7/13, 4:17 AM
Seen: 1530 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM