Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Duplication of a product with variants creates a new product without variants

By
William Beverly
on 8/22/14, 11:49 AM 860 views

When duplicating of a product with variants, Odoo creates a new product (copy), but without variants: they have all disappeared. This is probably a standard decision by the editor.

However, i'm sure other people have hade the need to duplicate a product and keep variants. Is there a module to allow this?

Thanks

What version are you using? This totally changed between v7 and v8.

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
on 9/13/14, 11:41 AM

I should have been more clear from start: V8.0

William Beverly
on 9/18/14, 11:28 AM
Josse Colpaert (jco)
On 9/13/14, 3:10 PM

In v8 it is not copied (which is the default behaviour if the developer does not specify it for one/many2many).  You could put copy=True in product_variant_ids and attribute_line_ids in the code.  I wonder if it would not copy too many things if we put in standard. 

William Beverly
On 9/12/14, 11:13 AM

Anyone has suggestions or an input on this question?
Thanks,

Michael St-Georges
On 9/12/14, 8:14 PM

What happens is you are dupplicating the product.template record and not the product.product associated. A solution might be to use https://www.odoo.com/apps/trunk/product_variant_multi/ if it fits your setup.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/22/14, 11:49 AM
Seen: 860 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM