This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I activated the dropship option on my setting.

I created a sale order and put one order line route as "Drop Shipping".

They generate a stock picking for the other lines and one PO for the  dropship  line.

If I confirm the PO automatically generate a stock picking type = Drop Shipping .

BUT, the partner_id it have is the SUPPLIER, not the customer. It's that ok? Why?

I saw some video and there the partner_id is the customer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJdx4ouelcs

Iam missing something?

Discard
Best Answer

Drop-shipping is a fulfillment method where a store doesn't keep the products in stock. Instead, when a store sells a product, it purchases the item from a supplier and has it shipped directly to the customer.

In case of Drop-shipping the merchant never sees or handles the product.

When user will confirm Purchase Order then system will create Drop shipment from  supplier to customer location and it is linked with sales order and purchase order.

In Drop-shipment picking system is setting partner_id as supplier and in stock move system is setting partner_id of customer.

In Drop-shipping report you can see supplier address and customer address. supplier address will select from drop-shipping partner id and customer address will set from stock move partner id.

Discard