Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Download a file with a button from the list view

By
Aymen
on 9/29/14, 6:48 AM 928 views

Hello everybody,

Now when we open an attachment, we can download the file on clicking on his link.

Is there a way to download the file directly with a button from the list? Just create a button on the list view and when we click on it, it downloads the file directly without having to open the form view then click on the link.

Thanks,

Narayanamurthy
On 9/29/14, 8:06 AM

hi Aymen,

I Have a related example with me.

Example: Need to download Perticular file in stock_picking_out tree view depend on company.

1. i need to download a file from the tree view depend on company.

create a binary field in "res.company" and from binary field select the file which u want to download.

'attachment': fields.binary("Attachmnet"),

2. create related field in stock_picking and stockpicking_out

'attachment'   : fields.related('company_id','attachment',type='binary',store=False,string="Attachmnet",readonly=True),

now we can use the attachment field in stock_picking_out tree/list view to download a file selected in res.company "attachment" binary field

Aymen
On 9/29/14, 9:15 AM

Hi,

Thank you so much Mr. Narayanamurthy. The solution works very well.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/29/14, 6:48 AM
Seen: 928 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM