This question has been flagged
2 Replies

The "down payment" functionality works, but the way it shows on invoices is rather confusing.

1. The "down payment" invoice shows a correct description but there's no real need for quantity and price.

2. The "down payment" invoice has no information about the goods or services ordered (except for the sales order number)

3. The final invoice correctly shows the "down payment" (and deducts it from the total due), but the description is "Advance: <mm> <yyyy" rather than something more meaningful.

Has anyone done anything to improve this?  Is it possible to identify the "down payment" item on an invoice, so that (1) it could be printed separately from products and services, and (2) have a more meaningful description.

[Odoo 11 Enterprise]

Discard

I am afraid we have the most complicated "deposit" in the world. I have been searching about this for years (from 8 to 11, and 12 is almost out soon), and nobody has the similar problem. It is easy in HK, and most ERP systems in HK could do the DI. The latest solution for Odoo I can think about is creating a new module for separating the "Deposit Invoice" and "Final Invoice". Once we create a "down payment", it generates a DI with another form of number, and lock everything. When printing the DI, it prints the original Order with the Deposit amount. The deduction payment on Invoice only created when we create the DI with number, so that the system can generate it with the DI number, which is easy and clear. However, there are still some problems for us in Hong Kong. 1) Amount is unable to change anymore(Yes, I know we should not), because the down payment item doesnt have any relationship with the item on Invoice. 2) Not sure we could change the SO anymore after generate the DI (again, yes I know we should NOT) Perhaps we should ask the engineer, programmer here and see if its possible. They said everything is possible for customization, but not compatible for Odoo public. Hope it helps!

Best Answer

No, it couldnt for now. You can only ask someone to customize for you. Try to contact Odoo Hong Kong. 

Discard