This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello guys,

I'd like to know the "history" behind the limit of 3 users? I'm asking this because, I'm testing the openERP, and I've added various users without any problem. Also, I've added the amount of applications I want.

When openERP says that they have the limit of 3 users, they're talking about the users logged at the same time?? Even if this is right, If I need to afford more users, like 4 (for example), I pay for each user or I pay a default amount of cash for adding the users I want? And where are the prices of this users?

I've recently received this message: http:// oi41.tinypic.com/2gw759i.jpg (The link has a blank space " " because my karma is to low to post links, correct it please)

Is that because I installed the openERP in 3 or more computers, and then I logged in with the same account?

Thanks guys.

Discard
Best Answer

No that message is because you tried to install a module in the apps section and you have 12 users on your system.

Users total, not users concurrently logged in. It might be counting all the users on the database in no single db has 12 users

Discard
Author

Yes, but why it displays the error only when I have 12 users? Shouldn't display when I had 3?

3 is the cap, if you have 4 or more and try to update a module, it'll give you trouble.

Author

Hello,

But, for example, in one host, I've currently like 7 modules installed and about 8 users registered, and so far it didn't display any kind of message. How do you explain that?

I know that, whenever I try to install a module, I need to put my email on it..the problem might be the amount of times I have used my email in different hosts to install modules? Thanks.

I think they only try to charge you if you download it from the server. Installing a module on the computer hosting OpenERP won't try and charge you, but if it has to go to the server it will. You can usually manually download the addons and put them in the addons folder on your host machine and it won't give you the error again.