This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Is there a way to set up Open ERP to do the following. I have 1 legal entity but is doing business under 2 different names. 1. "The flower shop" retail store (Legal business) 2. "Tulips are we" consukting service. (Doing Business as)

A. I want to keep all the accounting in one set of books. B. All items are shared between the 2 operations C. Company 1 and Company 2 can sellall products D. All documents going to customers need to look different with different logos.

Setting up a Parent-child relation forced me to duplicate of all GL accounts. Also it forced me to duplicate all products since the categories needed to point at different GL accounts.

I see that people have been saying that one should use sales tems using different templates. The problem I and others are seeing is that there is no place to set up the templates by sales team even though it is stated that it is possible.

If templates is the path to success where do you set it up in OpenErp 7.0? Is it easy to have the content on the invoices, sales order, quotes etc. included be automatically selected by sales team .

Discard
Author

The Shop solution has been working nicely. I am in the process of adding a new division and it might be a good idea to use the (sales team /section_id) instead But it does not work. Any suggestions what I did wrong

Best Answer

Perhaps this would be easier to support what you need by just setting up two shops?

One Chart of Accounts, one 'set of books', one list of products that can be sold by both shops, from the same warehouse.

You would then just need to have conditional reports. The sale.order model has a shop_id associated with it - this would let you have different reports for quotes and orders. You would have to add this attribute to account.invoice to have different reports for invoices.

EDIT:

Try something like:

<para style="terp_default_8">[[ o.shop_id = 'first id' and removeParentNode('para') ]] <image x="1.3cm" y="25.9cm" height="30.0" file="path/to/images/logo_1.png"/></para>

<para style="terp_default_8">[[ o.shop_id = 'second id' and removeParentNode('para') ]] <image x="1.3cm" y="25.9cm" height="30.0" file="path/to/images/logo_2.png"/></para>

<image file="shop_a_logo.png" >[[ o.shop_id.name in ['Shop B'] and removeParentNode('image') ]]</image>

<image file="shop_b_logo.png" >[[ o.shop_id.name in ['Shop A'] and removeParentNode('image') ]]</image>

Note that the images will be centered on the page. You can't have images (this way) inside <para> tags and there are a lot of things not supported this way.

Discard
Author

This sound as a possibility. I am new to to Open ERP so my question is is there a attribute that already exist in the sales.order model and in the account.invoice. Is the sales team such an attribute or is the shop_ID best way to achieve my goals.

Author

I am not getting the logo to switch when I change the Shop_ID. What should the expression below look like to get a logo dependent on the shop_id. I am planning to use a http address to store the image <image x="1.3cm" y="25.9cm" height="30.0" >[[ company.logo or removeParentNode('image') ]]</image>

Author

The proposal works fine. I added an additional field to the shop to be able to get different footers for the different shops. Next step is to try to add the shop attribute to account.invoice.

Take a look at http://v6apps.openerp.com/addon/6739 - this adds a new field to account.invoice and fills it from a value on the sales order. You should be able to modify it to suit your needs.

Author

In the process of implementing this in the Invoice I stumbled over a report problem where the header and footer went missing after modifying the invoice report using the open office report editor. I will update this post once I have solved the urgent problem with the missing header and footer and will be able to continue on this work.

Best Answer

It seems this thread tries to accomplish the same https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-work-with-multiple-shops-multi-company-51983

I've been playing around with multi-company as well which works fine for me in the backend/accounting, but I struggle to match the consumer facing website accordingly.

Discard