Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
Does v8 WMS have the same functionality we are used to with v7 ? see planned/process actual, split into lots, backorder creatio
Maybe it's because I don't know how to procced with new Wms but I miss a lot of functionality we had before so maybe I'm missing something or I'm not making it right.
- For a given stock move we could launch "process" button so we could stablish real number of processed items for all the lines in a single screen
- About lots, we could launch an small screen where we could stablish a given number or products to assing same lot, or even we could read several serial numbers, one after the other without closing or changing the screen or touching the mouse or keyboard.
- The line was splited in several moves automatically, and backorder created on real proccessing in one single step.
- If I push proccess on backend all the lines go to done without asking about quantities to process for each product.
- There is not a lot button nor many2one to lots on moves
- If I go to barcode scan, I can not set several lot numbers without making a backorder each time. That is... I need stablishing the number of processed items, after open the combo to launch lot wizard and push backorder button, so lot's option appairs again on combo for the line. These are several steps including barcode scanner, keyboard and mouse where before i could make almost everything on same screen just scanning barcodes.
On the other side, usually the idea to improve logistics usability would be, first read the product to proccess with scanner and after show the line / lines matching that product to be proccessed or validated. The way it is now, logistic user must find phisically the product he has got on screen to scan its barcode.
I don't know. What am I missing? What am I doing wrong?
For the WMS v8, we made a clear distinction between the moves, that represent the quantities to be transferred (and will also apply the push/pull rules (logistic routes)) and the pack operations that describe precisely what the operator did. This is also what the bar code interface is working on: the system will propose pack operations (e.g. put 5 pieces of lot A in pack B) and then the operator has to execute those. (which does not mean he can do something different) Everything about lots and packing is done by these pack operations.
This brings me to your second point (now) where you say that there is no many2one to the lots on moves or no lot button. Actually, behind the scenes, the system will 'calculate' a link between the moves and the pack operations.
For your third point, it is not correct that you need to create a backorder each time. The process button should be sufficient. And afterwards, you should be able to process everything at once. (which will happen automatically when the quantities are sufficient)
The idea you describe about first scanning the product and then seeing the lines, exists for locations. (filter box) For the product, one is added and it is also highlighted for a while.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 7/6/14, 4:05 PM|
|Seen: 1486 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|