Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Does the POS support promotions (discount on multiple items purchased together)?

By
Mohammad Alhashash
on 2/11/13, 2:31 AM 2,645 views

I have item A price is $10 and item B price is $15. When A and B bought together the price is $20 ($5 discount).

Can this be done automatically without creating new item C that consists of A and B at $20? For example, if a customer bought 6 of A and 4 of B, the POS adds a discount of $20 (4 of (A+B) discount).

If this is not possible, can the POS merge items instead; Convert 4x(A+B) items to 4xC items with the promotional price?

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 2/12/13, 4:06 AM

Not possible with the official modules.

You will have to develop a custom module for this feature.

Thanks a lot Fabien. I'll check the OpenERP client-side and POS module development.

Mohammad Alhashash
on 2/13/13, 2:23 AM

Fabien, would you mind indicate us where could we find the documentation for POS module development? Thanks in advance.

agb80
on 2/25/13, 12:51 PM

should this be on the roadmap? It seems this feature is asked for by many customers

Raphael Alla
on 3/7/13, 10:26 PM

+1 for this feature

Kevin Shenk
on 5/28/13, 3:00 PM

+1 for me too

Rebel
on 6/14/13, 9:32 AM

Me too +1!!

OCTAVIO DIAZ ARRIAGA
on 8/20/13, 7:00 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/11/13, 2:31 AM
Seen: 2645 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM