Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Does the ODOO SAAS offer a Sandbox environment where customizations can be tested prior to using them in a live production environment?

By
Denise van der Linden-Morris
on 3/10/15, 3:41 PM 755 views

Does the ODOO SAAS offer a Sandbox environment where customizations can be tested prior to using them in a live production environment?

If so where can I find documentation? If not is this something scheduled on the ODOO roadmap?

I think not Denise, because of the SAAS. Odoo is offering the SAAS system (Software As A Service) because they can host many customers on the same box/software. That means that all software is the same for all customers. So if you want to have some customizations (software changes) then proberly the SAAS solution is not suitable for you. You proberly want to use your own server with or without support from Odoo.

Martin Temmink
on 3/10/15, 6:16 PM

Thx for your response Martin :) However by customization I do not mean software changes which I would consider "coding" or "development" but changing settings in the existing configuration, e.g. in a workflow which I feel need to be tested first before being used in a production environment. So what I mean is a sandbox feature similar to what salesforce is offering https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=data_sandbox_create.htm&language=en_US [1] However if that is not offered (yet) preinstalled VPS might be a better option indeed. [1] https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=data_sandbox_create.htm&language=en_US

Denise van der Linden-Morris
on 3/10/15, 7:13 PM

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 3/10/15, 11:12 PM

We typically duplicate instances when we want to test something. You can duplicate as my instance as you want on Odoo SaaS, it's free. Use the My Account menu to access all your instances.

Hi Fabien,

Thx for adding your proposal. This approach went through my mind as well but as far as I can tell the free version doesn't offer backup and restore capabilities. Am I overlooking something?

Regards,

Denise

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/10/15, 3:41 PM
Seen: 755 times
Last updated: 5/15/15, 7:41 PM