Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Does SAAS support module upgrade? [Closed]

By
Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc
on 8/6/13, 11:03 AM 1,075 views

The Question has been closed

by
Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc
on 01/21/2014 08:26:15

I am currently working with SAAS 7.0 system.
If I modified some of the codes according to requirement in CRM and SALES module of OpenERP 7.0, will the changes be removed when the modules are upgraded?? Also I have added custom fields for certain modules and the module is upgraded, will it affect my code or working.

In case of Community version of OpenERP 7, the fields created by custom method are available in Database, but only the views are changed at the time of module upgrade.

Provide detailed suggestion regarding SAAS environment.

Chandni Machchhar
On 11/26/13, 4:46 AM

Hello,

If you want some changes into the view and that changes you want permanently after upgrade the module, for that you have to create inherited view. Suppose if you want to add the field into the particular view, for that required to follow below mentioned steps :

-> Go to Settings > Technical > User Interface > Views.

-> Create new View with the Object you want to add the field and view type.

-> Now Give inherited view name (the view in which you want to add the particular field)

-> Now Write in the Architecture tab :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
             <field name="name" position="after">
                        <field name="address"/>
             </field>

You can also use <xpath> </xpath> to inherit the view. Above example gives the steps to add address field after name field into the view. Now if you upgrade your module, your customize view will remains same.

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/6/13, 11:03 AM
Seen: 1075 times
Last updated: 3/31/15, 5:36 PM