Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Does Openerp Support RTL Direction (Hebrew-Arabic-... language)

on 3/2/13, 7:09 AM 5,483 views

Hello Switching between directions in Openerp (Setting->Languages->Direction->Right-to-left), doesn't work. Is there any solution ? Thank you

this feature is highly needed, and is a must have for RTL customers

Osoul for Technology and Software Development
on 3/10/13, 9:22 AM

If you are interested in a solution, please click "This bug affects me" on the bug report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/openerp-web/+bug/1020524 To better bring it into the attention of the developers.

Ahmad Khayyat
on 3/18/13, 3:25 PM

Mohammad Alhashash

--Mohammad Alhashash--
| 5 5 8
Giza, Egypt
--Mohammad Alhashash--

Mohammad Alhashash
On 3/2/13, 7:14 AM

No. Not yet; it requires a lot of changes in CSS and may be some Javascript. Simple dir = "rtl" attribute around some tags does not work because most styles assume left-to-right direction.

how i can import css file depending on user current language

on 3/13/13, 6:46 AM

OpenERP does not set language attribute. The best method is to create a web module to set language attribute on <html> tag and use attribute or :lang selector on your styles. That way, you can add css normally and it will be effective only when the target language is used.

Mohammad Alhashash
on 3/13/13, 7:15 AM

thank you Mohamed ,can you please explain more , I can change the user interface to be rtl ( the side menu will be in the right) by adding (direction: rtl;) to css class (openerp) in base.css file (addons\web\static\src\css\base.css),

but I want this to work with change lang selection from english and arabic and vs

ahmed hegazy
on 4/16/14, 6:53 AM

Yannick Vaucher

--Yannick Vaucher--
| 5 7 9
Lausanne, Switzerland
--Yannick Vaucher--
Yannick Vaucher
On 1/20/14, 12:43 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 3/2/13, 7:09 AM
Seen: 5483 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM