This question has been flagged
7 Replies

From performance prospective, can OpenERP support more than 200,000 products ?

Discard
Best Answer

Yes it does

Discard
Best Answer

Yes he can. We have a customer who has more than 500k products His OpenERP instance runs pretty well.

EDIT

For exemple, we have put the database on a SSD. (not a 15k rpm hd)

Discard

Surely you went through some optimization work. Can you edit the answer to share some more details?

Best Answer

I have 170,000 and having search issues - not finding products when searching for them.

Wonder how the guy with 500k has got round the issues.

Discard

Good servers.

not sure what else can add to my servers. Got the db on a fast drive, 12gb ram, 4cpu :/

Have you optimized you postgres configuration file?More info: wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Tuning_Your_PostgreSQL_Server (can't post links so removed http part).

Will be my next port of call. Many thanks.

We have put the database on a SSD. It's amazingly fast.

Changing the settings in Postgres helped massively :)

Can you share what you changed?

Best Answer

The True fact is that the system loads slowly when started for the first time due to very high number of products. Also if your number of products is so high then you should be depending on the system configuration of your PC (amount of RAM and CPU..) Also the sales order and other data affect the system performance if you are using version 6.1 or less of OpenERP. Do not clear cache of browser if pages are cached it will help with loading the application faster for frequently visited pages only.

Discard
Best Answer

Also I found this very helpful

Discard
Best Answer

Change the view_list.js code and remove the options available to end user. Limit the number of rows a user is able to see each time he/she opens s a view. That will help you reduce the workload on the server

Discard
Best Answer

We have a customer with 700K products. It was very slow, so we had to do some customization, especially on the search funtion. But it works fine now.

Discard

Hi can you please elaborate on the customizations you have done for the search function as we are facing a similar issue.

just raised the postgres cache to 4gb

that was only for 200k products