Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Does Odoo work well with less than 1GB RAM ?

Michael Zhang
on 7/8/14, 7:50 AM 1,924 views

Running openerp 7 with on amazon ec2

1. 576 ram
  2. ubuntu 12.04
  3. have other web servers running
  4. when typed "free -m" free memory is about 180 before openerp startup , it is 72 when openerp running.

openerp shutdown constantly while using it, say when creating a new supplier or installing a new module. All the log entries are INFO, could not find any useful information on why server shutsdown.

Could someone help me how to find why it shuts down?

Hi Michael, I would recommend adding more RAM to that instance. From my personal experience OpenERP 7 is much more comfortable with around 1GB RAM on a dedicated instance.

Luke Branch
on 7/8/14, 9:09 AM

For very small environments, 512MB works well with v7 and v8 (with openerp-server en postgresql only).

On 7/8/14, 9:44 AM

Regarding this issue, not on EC2 but any of VPS it not works,

OpenERP 7.0 + Any version not works on 512 RAM. You can try 6.1 version.

Just update to 1 GB of RAM and all works well too.

For expert information contact to: http://goo.gl/iylhnK

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 7/8/14, 7:50 AM
Seen: 1924 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM